Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Beautiful Sunday...but man I am sore :)

Hello Family and Friends!

I woke up this morning very sore...you see I went for my typical Saturday early morning 3 mile walk at the beach. I love to get up before 8 am on Saturdays and go for a walk along the shore. It is a great workout, which I usually do at least one other time per week in the afternoon, but there is something special about the quiet and cool of the morning with only the surfers out. I listen to my IPOD and don't really notice what a great workout I am getting. However, yesterday Stephen and I finally found a good bicycle seat for my mountain bike so he could have his gel seat cover back and all was happy. We then decided to go for a bike ride. Good idea, but the beach was crowded with people enjoying their "stay-cation" (new buzz word for around here...meaning no money to go anywhere so you stay near home for vacation...those darn gas prices). The wind was pretty brutal so we only went about 8 miles. But, my body is paying for it now :)

Speaking of gas prices, my brother, Troy just bought a moped to drive to work instead of his V-8 truck. We are excited to see it because Stephen is considering an electric scooter for him to drive to work, but a moped might be nice as well. The gas prices are getting too high and I have to drive for work, although I am now trying to work with kids much closer to home, so we are looking at alternatives for Stephen.

I hope you all like the new look of our blog...I added a video and I hope all who come here watch it. It is of David Archuleta from American Idol. Stephen likes to make fun of me saying I have a crush (which is gross he is a teenager), but I am just impressed with his voice and sweet spirit. The kid had one weekend off after American Idol was done...so what did he do back at home in Utah??? He spent Sunday afternoon and evening doing a fireside for troubled youth near his home which is what the video is from. Good kid and a great example for the Church. Again, I hope you like the video.

I guess that is all...except please keep our Northern California friends in your prayers (Mosley's and Pearson's). If you all didn't hear there are some very big fires going on where Stephen used to live up near Chico. Stephen's best man, Shane Mosley's mother lives in a city that has been evacuated. We are praying for you all and hope all is well.

Love ya all!!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones