Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, June 23, 2008

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!


Can you believe that out of left field Stephen and I were pulled into the hall by a member of the bishopric...they needed to let me know that they wanted to release me from my calling of Secretary of the Relief Society and call me to be the Nursury Leader. I was in shock and just looked at Stephen, who was of course was smiling.


The counselor informed me that as a bishopric they had prayed a long time regarding this decision and only felt that I was the one to be in this position at this time. Which I could only say...YES I would love to...However, I was hesitant since I work with little ones all week and thought of possibly being burnt out with my career by not having the weekend off. The longer I thought about it and talked with Stephen I came to an understanding for myself that I would do well and would be blessed and better for being with those children.


Also, SUMMER IS HERE for Stephen!!! I am glad he is getting this time off to relax after quite the busy year!! I have to admit and Stephen knows this...I am very jealous and for those of you who are not married to teachers...it is INCREDIBLY hard to go to work each morning while he sleeps in. Which is why I am looking forward to taking 3 weeks off this summer as well. Hopefully Stephen will be having an interview in the next couple of weeks for the job openings at the school he has been working at, student teaching at and subbing at for the past 4 school years. So please keep him in your prayers.


We will let you all know as soon as we know!!!


Love to all :)

1 comment:

Mosley Family said...

Hey Guys! Welcome to the blogging world! It's a great way to keep in touch. Good luck in the nursery...SUCKA!!! I'm sure it's a very rewarding job! You will be great at that calling. What are you guys going to do for your 3 week vacation? Hopefully something fun. We wish Stephen the best of luck with the teaching position. It's a little hairy out there. I'm sure he'll get hired. THEN you can join the mommy world!!! Take care. Hope to see you guys soon!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones