Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stay-cation continued Day One

Whew, that was quite the long post about our morning at the Reagan Library (which by the way, doesn't have a library that we saw). After leaving the library, since we were already in Stephen's mission area, we decided to take a tour. First, we headed to one of the apartments he stayed in while living in Thousand Oaks...


Next, we headed to our favorite mexican restaurant...Lupe's. Stephen had taken me on a tour of his mission a couple of years ago while we were on our way to camp in Monterey.


After a yummy lunch, we headed out to see the Stake Center he went to while serving in Thousand Oaks as well as other sites...I am including some pictures from 05' of us on the hill above the Stake Center so everyone can see how beautiful this area is as well as how skinny I used to be before marrying Stephen ;)



We then headed out to Santa Rosa Valley on our way to Oxnard. Stephen decided to stop in and try to visit a family he was very close to during his mission, The Wutkee's!!! The parents actually drove up right after we had parked. It turned out that one of Stephen's best friends from Nashville married one of the Wutkee girls...so it was great for Stephen to hear about his old friend. I was so impressed with this family and was grateful for the hour or so that we got to spend with the parents. They even showed me a pic of Stephen at his friend's wedding way back in 97'...Wow! He was such a hottie even back then.


After leaving the Wutkee's we headed to Oxnard and after picking up some "Spudnuts", donuts made from potato flour that were quite yummy, we made it to the beach in time for sunset...Stephen is being silly as usual :)





We had a fun drive home along PCH down through Malibu and then off to bed!!!

3 comments:

Hilarie said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun! Your talks were great, thanks for the invite. And you are crazy, Crystal dear, you are still skinny! Love the pictures, even though my favorite color is RED... :) xoxo

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Just wanted to post and say a belated Congrats to the two of you on your marriage.

I found your blog through Nikki and Shane's. I knew Stephen way back when he was dating my roommate in Chico(Hi Stephen!). I'm old and married so I don't think I ever met you. lol But you seem like such a sweet person, I'm sure we would've been friends back then. :)

Glad to see you both are happy adn doing well. Congrats again!

Feel free to check out our blog.

~Amber

Suzanne Lineberry said...

How fun was that vacation! I am jelouse and miss you guys alot. We have got to work something out and get to CA asap!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones