Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Tribute to my hero, Samantha

I just received the worst news...My Sweet Samantha passed away on Tuesday. I am saddened beyond words, but feel the only way to deal is to write all the wonderful things I know about her.

I was blessed to know this amazing girl. Her sass and spirit always inspired me. I met her a little over a year ago and immediately we clicked. Samantha had a heart defect and had already been through a few surgeries when we met. I took the challenge to make her as strong as possible before she would have her next surgery. Samantha and her family were on board and together the progress was AMAZING. Samantha went from only sitting and rolling to creeping, cruising, standing, walking, climbing stairs and jumping down from stairs all in one year. She was my superstar and her smile melted my heart. She and I had SO many laughs...I am devastated that I will not hear her laugh again. The first time I saw her take steps was inspiring and to watch her little fingers and lips turn blue/purple as she worked broke my heart but I was always in amazement as she refused to take breaks. She had no awareness of her limitations, but instead a strong desire to be a happy active girl. I was so excited when she almost didn't qualify for PT recently and felt that she would come through her surgery with flying colors.

As a pediatric physical therapist, I see children in pain a lot, but I have NEVER lost a child. Samantha will always be my hero as she quietly suffered through adversity with a smile and hug every time I saw her. I loved her dearly and wish I could do more for her. I know that she is with our Father in Heaven and she is on his errand now. I will miss her always and ask that you will all pray for her family as they attempt to cope with this horrible loss. May our Father in Heaven bless them with understanding and his love.

1 comment:

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

My goodness, that truly is sad. I know Samantha and her family were blessed to have you serve them. It's obvious that she loved you, too! So, was it complications with the surgery that caused her passing? Is her family religious? I will keep you and them in my prayers. Is there a memorial or funeral service planned yet?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones