Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Let's Go to the OC Fair!!!







It is the that time of year...The OC Fair is here!! Stephen and I headed to the fair last Friday, opening day, since we had learned that it was FREE to get in the first hour the fair was open and rides were $1 until 7pm. It was very busy, but we had a GREAT time. A little Lineberry trivia...the fair was actually our 2nd date, he came to visit me 4 years ago this month and the first night I took him to Medieval Times and the 2nd night we went to the fair. Needless to say, we love the fair. Some of our favorite things to do are, going to see all the artwork and photography exhibits, seeing all the animals (especially the baby animals), watching the hypnotist show and having cotton candy (of course!!). This year we were good and only had a yummy "Strawberry/banana Julius" to beat the heat and keep our expenses low. We rode some fun rides, including two trips on the skyway to get a great view of the fair as well as a VERY unsteady ferris wheel(per Stephen.."I could tear this apart with my own hands, it is just aluminum!") and a very large slide. Stephen also won a UNC Chapel Hill Basketball that he was quite excited about...he won it on his first try as if there was ANY doubt :)

And a great highlight was the chance meeting with one of my previous clients who was beside himself when he saw me and immediately ran to me yelling..."Miss Crystal, Miss Crystal". Gavin and I had a big hug and great visit with the whole family. We will probably make another trip to the fair before it is over since Yaz and the Psychadelic Furs are playing in a couple of weeks. We will have some cotton candy for everyone out there!!

Last thing...isn't my "Very Hungry Catepillar" a cutie. I thought him in front of that title was very fitting. Wouldn't those who know Stephen well agree???

1 comment:

Hilarie said...

Ahh stink Crystal! Me, Jeff, Jon, and Aubrey were all at the fair that day too!! I totally wish we would have known you guys were there. I MISS YOU!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones