Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

WE ARE SHAKIN'!!!

Hello All,
Well we had quite the day yesterday...I was in the middle of a physical therapy session with a 6 month old little girl who has Down Syndrome when all of the sudden her mother gasped. I then felt the ground starting to quake. Immediately the mother ran to get the other three kids as I scooped up the little one. As the shaking started to get more and more intense I realized I had to find a safe place. I reached for the first door I saw thinking it was the garage, but it turned out to be a broom closet, which I thought would be better, close walls and all. As I stood in the doorway with the baby, her mother was across the den with the other three children. I just kept telling the kids we were all going to be all right since they were quite scared. Needless to say it was quite the experience and my first time having a earthquake happen while I was treating a child. The earthquake was pretty intense...probably the worst we have seen in these parts in about 15 years. Stephen had quite a different experience...but you will happen to ask him about that yourself. All is well with a bit of damage further inland. A great wake-up call for everyone to get prepared. One last thing, I am very happy to report, that for the first time ever I was completely calm throughout the whole thing :)

1 comment:

Hilarie said...

Can I just say that I love you? You are wonderful. Kudos for staying calm durnig the quake! That is not always easy. Hope to see you soon :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones